The Books have been released! Watch the Live Video read through with Briony Stewart here.
Three beautiful books for the age groups 0-4, 5-8 & 9-12 years, have now been published with a copy to be sent to each child and school featured. Congratulations to all who were featured and all who entered. What a brilliant collaborative adventure for Children’s Week 2020!
About the Books
Ever dreamt of yourself as a published Author? Fancied life as a famous Illustrator?
Now is your chance! If you are aged between birth-12 years old, unlock your creativity and whip out the pen and paper for the first ever Children’s Week Book Project. All skill levels, backgrounds and abilities are celebrated and encouraged to contribute.
Collaborate and connect with other children from across the state on a selection of stories written from the city to the outback, the bush to the beach. A chance for children in W.A. to be represented in a series of books made for you, by you.
Guided by Western Australian Children’s Author and Illustrator, Briony Stewart, the books will explore your rights as a child, based on the UN Conventions on the Rights of the Child. To enter, just fill out the blanks of the story and draw a picture to accompany the corresponding page.
After the 31st August 2020, elements taken from multiple children’s entries from each region will be crafted together by Briony Stewart. Creating three published Children’s Books representing children’s stories and illustrations in the age groups: 0-4, 5-8 & 9-12 years.
The published stories will then be printed and distributed throughout the state. Children whose stories or illustrations are selected for the book, will be listed as a co-author/illustrator and receive their own free copy of the book in November. If you would like to request a free book for your school, centre or library – email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will do our best to fulfil all requests, however our numbers are limited. Those who miss out can download the books directly from the top of the page.
How to enter
Project commences 9:00am (AWST) on Monday, 13th July 2020. Project ends midnight (AWST) on Monday, 31st August 2020.
- Choose your Region and Age Group (someone a little older might help you with this) and download the story pack.
- Fill in the blanks and complete the story so that it’s relevant to you (or your wildest imagination).
- Illustrate your story. This can be done where space permits on the paper attached or on a blank piece of paper – the bigger the better!
- Take two photos to submit with your entry: 1. A photo of your completed story. 2. A photo of your illustration. Please submit these as JPGS.
- Complete your application form and don’t forget to attach your two photos.
- Only your entry, first name, age and region will be displayed to the public.
i) Picture of your Illustration must be sent as a high-resolution jpeg. Picture could be taken on a camera phone or other device and attached with your entry.
ii) When submitting, please ensure the image of the illustration is taken closeup without shadows. Please ensure the illustration is well lit.