The WA Children’s Week Grants will open from 1 July 2018.Thank you for all of your applications and regardless of funding, we encourage you to register your event so families can find your event during Children’s Week 2018.
Children’s Week Grants for Regional, Remote & Metro Organisations
Meerilinga Young Children’s Foundation Inc. (Meerilinga) through the Department of Communities, Lotterywest & Healthway, is providing small grants to encourage not for profit community organisations and local governments in regional, remote & metro areas to be part of Children’s Week 2018.
Grants of up to $1,000 (excl GST) will be available for local activities organised by one or more organisations.
To be considered, all applications must be received by Meerilinga by the closing date. All applications are to be submitted via the Children’s Week WA Website.
Closing Date: 4:00pm, Friday 17 August 2018
Please note: Applications for events not held during Children’s Week will be ineligible for funding. It is highly recommended that applicants refer to the Grant Evaluation Report Template to familiarise themselves with the reporting requirements prior to application.
Children’s Week is a National, annual event held during the fourth week in October right across Australia. This week is dedicated to celebrating children across our State and highlighting their right to happiness. It is an opportunity for the community to engage in a variety of activities that facilitate, support and encourage children and their families to celebrate, play and discover together. It is imperative that each event promotes good health and activities which encourage healthy lifestyles as demonstrated by Major Partner Sponsor Healthway.
Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate they can meet one or more of the following Children’s Week objectives by:
- Providing Children’s Week activities and events for families to have fun to increase their connection with their community
- Promote the 2018 Children’s Week theme as Article 12 of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child that ‘Children’s views and opinions are respected’.
- Support the arts by providing activities with an arts inspiration (dance, song, craft, theatre, etc.)
- Strengthen families by providing access to informative and relevant community information
- Promote healthy eating objectives suggesting to Go for 2 fruit & 5 vegetables daily, as per the Healthway message.
- Provide Children’s Week events and programs where children have an opportunity to learn through engaging activities and strengthening environments/communities.
What is covered by the grant?
Funding of up to $1,000 (excl GST) is available for organisations to deliver a range of events/activities during Children’s Week including:
- award ceremonies
- activities for children
- workshops, seminars and talks
- morning/afternoon tea
- excursions/day trips
Funding may be used for:
A range of items associated with staging an event/activity such as:
- equipment/venue hire
- healthy food (fruit and vegetables promoting the Go for 2 & 5 message of Healthway)
- non-alcoholic beverages
- wages and salaries
Funding may not be used for:
- the purchase of capital equipment
- interstate and overseas travel
Each application will be assessed against the following criteria:
- the focus that the event/activity has on acknowledging and celebrating Children’s Week
- the event/activity must be have the name “Children’s Week” in the title
- the event/activity will be held during Children’s Week 19 October 2018 – 28 October 2018
- the event/activity will be held in Regional, Remote & Metro areas of Western Australia
- the event/activity has an arts focus, promoting arts based activities to children and families
- the event/activity will promote healthy eating and lifestyles.
Who can apply
Eligible groups and organisations must be:
- an incorporated not–for–profit community organisation
- a local government authority
- may be auspiced (sponsored) by an eligible group or organisation
How to apply
All applications are to be submitted online via the Children’s Week Grant Application Form.
Assessment and notification
All applications will be reviewed against the selection criteria outlined in this document. All organisations that apply for funding will be notified via email of the outcome of their submission by the 14 September 2018.
All successful applications will be required to add their event as part of the Children’s Week website, which includes an interactive map, social media sharing and a means for visitors to submit their own events for inclusion.
The event/activity must be have the name “Children’s Week” in the title, use the Children’s Week poster provided, be held during Children’s Week 19 October 2018 – 28 October 2018 and in Regional, Remote or Metro areas of Western Australia.
Any food or drink at the event/activity must include fruit & vegetables and healthy beverages, supporting the Healthway Go for 2 & 5 message.
Each successful applicant must share 2 x posts spreading the Healthway Go for 2 & 5 Message via social media/newsletter or other communication method. Content will be supplied and screen shots of the shared information will need to be provided in the evaluation report.
An acknowledgement of funding assistance provided by the Department of Communities, Lotterywest & Healthway through Meerilinga must be included in any advertising and on any material relating to the project by using the words ‘Supported by the Department of Communities, Lotterywest, Healthway and Meerilinga’.
Successful applicants will be required to submit a short report including photos on their event/activity prior to Friday 23 November 2018. This final report must be completed using the Grant Evaluation Report Template and will give a summary of the outcomes,\ and participants in the event/activity. Final acquittal of your grant also requires a statement of income and expenditure for the event/activity which must be certified by the authorised signatory of the organisation.
The report and and/or supplied photos may be used for promotional purposes by Meerilinga.
Please note: It will be assumed that consent has been received for any photos supplied.
Grant monies will be transferred via EFT into the organisations nominated bank account on or before the 9 October 2018