The WA Children’s Week Grants are now closed for 2017.Thank you for all of your applications and please do not hesitate to apply for a Children’s Week grant when applications open for 2018. We encourage you to register your event so families can find your event during Children’s Week 2017.
Children’s Week Grants for Regional and Remote Organisations
Meerilinga Young Children’s Foundation Inc. (Meerilinga) through the Department of Communities and Lotterywest, is providing small grants to encourage not for profit community organisations and local governments in regional and remote areas to be part of Children’s Week 2017.
Grants of up to $2,000 (excl GST) will be available for local activities organised by one or more organisations.
To be considered, all applications must be received by Meerilinga by the closing date. All applications are to be submitted via the Children’s Week WA Website.
Closing Date: 4:00pm, Friday 25 August 2017
Please note: Applications for events held in the Perth Metropolitan area and applications for events not held during Children’s Week will be ineligible for funding.
Children’s Week is a National, annual event held during the fourth week in October right across Australia. This week is dedicated to celebrating children across our State and highlighting their achievements. It is an opportunity for the community to engage in a variety of activities that facilitate, support and encourage children and their families to celebrate, play and discover together.
Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate they can meet one or more of the following Children’s Week objectives by:
- Providing Children’s Week activities and events for families to have fun to increase their connection with their community
- Strengthen families by providing access to informative and relevant community information
- Provide Children’s Week events and programs where children have an opportunity to learn through engaging activities and strengthening environments/communities.
What is covered by the grant?
Funding of up to $2,000 (excl GST) is available for organisations to deliver a range of events/activities during Children’s Week including:
- award ceremonies
- activities for children
- workshops, seminars and talks
- morning/afternoon tea
- excursions/day trips
Funding may be used for:
A range of items associated with staging an event/activity such as:
- equipment/venue hire
- food and non-alcoholic beverages
- wages and salaries
Funding may not be used for:
- the purchase of capital equipment
- interstate and overseas travel
Each application will be assessed against the following criteria:
- the focus that the event/activity has on acknowledging and celebrating Children’s Week
- the event/activity must be have the name “Children’s Week” in the title
- the event/activity will be held during Children’s Week 21 October 2017 – 29 October 2017
- the event/activity will be held in Regional and Remote areas of Western Australia.
Who can apply
Eligible groups and organisations must be:
- an incorporated not–for–profit community organisation
- a local government authority
- may be auspiced (sponsored) by an eligible group or organisation
How to apply
All applications are to be submitted online via the Children’s Week Grant Application Form.
Assessment and notification
All applications will be reviewed against the selection criteria outlined in this document. All organisations that apply for funding will be notified via email of the outcome of their submission by the 22 September 2017.
All successful applications will be part of the Children’s Week website which will include an interactive map, social media sharing and a means for visitors to submit their own events for inclusion.
The event/activity must be have the name “Children’s Week” in the title, use the Children’s Week poster provided, be held during Children’s Week 21 October 2017 – 29 October 2017 and in Regional or Remote areas of Western Australia.
An acknowledgement of funding assistance provided by the Department of Communities and Lotterywest through Meerilinga must be included in any advertising and on any material relating to the project by using the words ‘Supported by the Department of Communities, Lotterywest and Meerilinga’.
Successful applicants will be required to submit a short report including photos on their event/activity prior to Friday 24 November 2017. This final report will give a summary of the outcomes, and participants in the event/activity. Final acquittal of your grant also requires a statement of income and expenditure for the event/activity which must be certified by the authorised signatory of the organisation.
The report and and/or supplied photos may be used for promotional purposes by Meerilinga.
Please note: It will be assumed that consent has been received for any photos supplied.
Grant monies will be transferred via EFT into the organisations nominated bank account on or before the 16 October 2017