Grant applications open: 1 August 2022
Grant applications close: 31 August 2022
About the Go for 2 & 5 Children’s Week Community Grants Program
The Go for 2 & 5 Children’s Week Community Grants Program is a Meerilinga Children and Community Foundation (Meerilinga) initiative. Supported by Healthway, Lotterywest, and the Department of Communities, Meerilinga administers small grants to encourage regional and remote not-for-profits and local governments to host their own Children’s Week events.
Grants of up to $1,000 (excl GST) are available for eligible regional and remote organisations.
While we aim to support as many organisations as possible, please note that this is a competitive grants process and there is no guarantee that every organisation that meets the eligibility criteria will be funded.
Applying for the Go for 2 & 5 Children’s Week Community Grants Program
To be eligible for a grant, you organisation must:
- be a non-profit, not-for-profit, or local government organisation;
- be located in regional or remote Western Australia;
- host a FREE event for in your area during Children’s Week (22 – 30 October, 2022) that:
- provides an opportunity for families to increase their sense of belonging within their community;
- demonstrates an arts focus, promoting arts-based activities to children and families (dance, song, craft, theatre, etc.);
- promotes healthy eating and healthy lifestyle choices;
- acknowledge and celebrate Children’s Week and the 2022 theme: “All Children have the right to a standard of living that supports their wellbeing and healthy development“.
Important resources to support your application
Please ensure you read through the below grant program guidelines before applying.